Duration: January 2009 - December 2012
Project Website: www.iks-project.eu
EC Grant: â‚¬ 6.580.000
What is IKS?
IKS is an integrating project targeted at the hundreds of SMEs in Europe, which are providing technology platforms for content and knowledge management to thousands of end user organisations. Downstream, hundred-thousands of corporate end users and millions of content consumers are affected by the quality of service provided through these platforms. The majority of these platforms lack the capability for making use of semantic web enabled, intelligent content, and therefore, lack the capacity for users to interact with the content at the userâ€˜s knowledge level! The major technological result of the project will be the â€œInteractive Knowledge Stackâ€œ, a layered set of software components and specifications which will make traditional content management platforms capable of dealing with the future â€œSemantic Webâ€œ.
Who is IKS?
IKS is developed by a consortium of seven research partners and six industrial partners who use open source content management technology for their CMS and KMS frameworks:
- Salzburg Research (Coordinator), Austria
- DFKI - Forschungsinstitut fÃ¼r KÃ¼nstliche Intelligenz, Germany
- Hochschule St. Gallen, Switzerland
- CNR-ISTC - Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Italy
- Software Quality Lab, University of Paderborn, Germany
- SRDC - Software Research and Development and Consultancy Ltd., Turkey
- Hochschule Furtwangen, Germany
- NUXEO, France
- Alkacon Software GmbH, Germany
- TXT Polymedia, Italy
- Pisano Holding GmbH, Germany
- Nemein Oy, Finland
- Day Software AG, Switzerland
How is IKS funded?
The European Commission has provided a 6,580,000EUR grant for IKS.
Can I help/join?
IKS invites all stakeholders to work towards bringing European CMS/KMS providers to the leading edge of innovation in knowledge technologies, for the benefit of all users. If you are interested in taking part in the IKS initiative then please contact us.